OUR POLICIES ONLY EXIST TO ENSURE A WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE FOR BOTH GUESTS AND HOSTS
Below are some of our most important policies (For your convenience and reference, the full policy information is made available to you during the electronic reservation process as well as in your confirmation email):
RESERVATION & CANCELLATION POLICIES:
Because we are a small inn, cancellations affect us greatly. Please only book your stay if your travel plans have been finalized.
- Full payment is required at the time of making a reservation. A nominal $1.00 temporary hold may be placed on your credit card immediately for card validation purposes. The full amount will be processed within 24 hours. Should a credit card payment be declined, the reservation will be canceled immediately. We no longer accept Bed&Breakfast.com gift cards directly - to redeem a card, please book your stay with us on Bed&Breakfast.com.
- Reservations made directly with us (this policy applies to reservations made directly on our website bookings.heartofthevillage.com or by phone at 802-985-9060) are non-refundable. Depending on the timing of a cancellation and at the Innkeepers' discretion, a credit in the amount of up to 90% of the original reservation amount may be issued towards a future stay. Cancellation notifications must be made via email sent to email@example.com
- Reservation changes resulting in a shorter stay or a downgraded rate are assessed a $50 fee per room.
- Reservations made elsewhere are governed by 3rd party policies - please refer to your original confirmation email sent to you by the external website or travel agency where your reservation was made for all proper cancellation processes.
- Innkeepers are available to greet you and help you settle in between 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm local time.
- Should an early check-in option (12:00 pm - 3:00 pm) be needed, you agree to pay a non-refundable $100 fee.
- Late self check-in (after 7:00 pm) is available for a non-refundable $20 fee and requires additional prior communication between you and Innkeepers in order to take care of self-check-in information and breakfast arrangements.
- Innkeepers are generally not available for after-hours check-in. Should you require Innkeepers' assistance during your late arrival between 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm, you agree to pay a $100 fee.
- 11:00 am local time. Without owner's prior approval, late check-out cannot be accommodated.
- Should a late check-out option (11am-1pm) be available, you agree to pay a $100 fee.
- Unauthorized late check-outs will incur a full daily rate.
- Our delicious individually prepared custom-crafted breakfasts are offered between 8:00 am and 9:30 am. Reservations and breakfast requests must be made by 7:00 pm of the previous day.
- If you happen to have certain dietary restrictions, please let us know ahead of time, and we will do our best to accommodate them. Please be advised that we are unable to accommodate unusual diets or severe allergies.
- We are a family-friendly Inn and offer two Family Suites (maximum occupancy: 4 guests). Please contact us if you are traveling with children (minimum age 7 years) so we could explain your options to you, as not all rooms may be available or suitable for your needs (see Occupancy). Children are absolutely not allowed in the Webb Suite.
- Our King and Queen rooms have a maximum occupancy of 2 guests (1 must be an adult). Our Barstow and Harrington family suites have a maximum occupancy of 4 guests (1 must be an adult). Couples traveling with a child (ages 7-12) and not requiring an additional bed are welcome in any King room, save for the Webb Suite (adults only). There is a $20 additional breakfast fee per day for the 3rd person staying in a King room.
- No outdoor/sports/adventure gear may be stored indoors (common areas, guest rooms, or Inn's private quarters). The definition of “gear” includes but is not limited to: bikes, kayaks, skis, snowboards, dirty boots and outerwear. Please keep these items in/on your vehicles.
- Absolutely no pets of any kind or size are allowed on the Inn's grounds and premises. If a guest brings a pet into an Inn room or any other indoor area of the facility, a minimum charge of $500.00 will apply and a guest's reservation will be canceled immediately without a refund.
- If you are traveling with a dog individually trained to do work or perform tasks for you directly related to your disability, please kindly let us know so during the booking process. Please be advised that emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals do not qualify as service animals. A service dog handler is expected to control the service animal at all times and observe all handler responsibilities.
A Bed & Breakfast is a unique accommodation in someone else's home. Warm, personalized experience, lively yet unimposing atmosphere, unique ambiance, delightful breakfast and general courteous friendliness among guests are part of the appeal of our approach to creating your new favorite B&B experience. As in life, communication and common courtesy are key.
- Hosts and Guests: Here at the Heart of the Village Inn, there is no front desk, staff, concierges, porters, servants, bellboys, or customers. We treat our guests as adults, friends and equals; we do so with respect and levity, and expect the same in return.
- Access: Not all areas of this private home are accessible to guests. Guests have access to the common indoor/outdoor areas of the property. Guests do not have access to the Inn's kitchen, laundry facilities, basement, or private quarters.
- Noise: Out of respect to other guests, we ask that you refrain from late night noise after 10:00 pm.
- Safety & Security: This is a private home and your home away from home for the duration of your stay. Please keep all entry doors securely locked.
- Uncommunicated Expectations: We love clarity of communication and are firm believers that anything is possible within reason. Just ask (preferably, in advance) and we'll do what we can!