A Note to our Guests:
We are two happy people looking to host happy considerate quests and to help them create a pleasant and memorable modern Bed & Breakfast experience. While our policies may sound strict and dry, they have many reasons for their existence.
Most of our online reviews were left by happy guests who enjoyed their stay with us. If you like clean cozy charming accommodations and delicious custom-made breakfasts and seek a happy drama-free B&B experience - you are in the right place.
See you soon!
By making and completing a reservation for a stay at Heart of the Village Inn, I/we acknowledge that I/we have read, understood, and accepted Heart of the Village Inn's Policies, Terms & Conditions, and House Rules in their entirety on behalf of all persons staying with me/us as part of my/our reservation and acknowledge that I/we secured their understanding and acceptance of the same.
HEART OF THE VILLAGE INN POLICIES & HOUSE RULES:
* Any consumption of alcoholic beverages is permitted on the "carry-in/carry-out" basis in designated areas only.
* Reservations must be made online by the actual guests who will be staying at the Inn. Reservations may not be made by sponsors, travel agents, family members, and/or anyone who will not be staying at the property as part of the reservation.
* Full prepayment with a valid major credit card is required to finalize a booking. The primary guest's name and contact details listed on the reservation must match the cardholder's information.
* Base room/suite rates are charged per night and are based on double occupancy. Rates are displayed in our online reservation system and do not include taxes and fees. Rates include: (a) overnight stays for the booked time frame in selected rooms along with amenities expressly described on our website; (b) breakfast for guests listed on the reservation (not exceeding maximum room occupancy); (c) Wifi access; (d) one unassigned off-street parking spot parking for one standard-sized vehicle during nights of the reservation. Rates exclude any products or services, whether expected or not explicitly stated.
- King rooms (Shelburne, Van Vliet, Barstow, Bostwick, Fletcher, Webb) & Queen rooms (Tracy and Deyett) have a 2-person maximum occupancy limit.
- Harrington Suite has a 3-person maximum occupancy limit, and there is an additional charge for the 3rd guest.
- Barstow Suite has a 4-person maximum occupancy limit, and there is an additional charge for the 3rd and 4th guests.
- Additional beds/cots or split beds are not offered.
- Additional guests in excess of occupancy capacity limits are not permitted.
- The Carriage House booked as an entire building has a 10-person maximum occupancy limit. The base rate includes any 2 rooms of your choice for 4 guests. Other rooms and additional guests can be added for an extra charge calculated during the online booking process. High-demand weekends' rates include all 4 rooms for 8 guests.
* 3rd party gift cards/certificates/vouchers are not accepted. Guests must contact the property to redeem a Heart of the Village Inn gift card/certificate (must be issued after May 1, 2015). A credit card issued in the primary guest's name will be required for incidentals.
Breakfast / Food & Drink:
* Breakfast is included as part of each reservation. No other meals, food, and/or drink are offered. No outside (delivery, pick-up, BYO) food or drink whatsoever may be stored, prepared and/or consumed in the Inn's kitchen and/or in the common areas of the property.
* Breakfast is offered between 8:00 am - 9:30 am on an advanced reservation basis and a maximum of 4 guests per each 30-minute seating. Our current Breakfast Menu is published on our Official Website and included in our confirmation and courtesy reminder emails.
* Breakfast is only offered to guests listed on the reservation (not exceeding maximum room occupancy).
* Guests with dietary restrictions not accommodated by our published breakfast menu must notify the innkeepers of such restrictions and specific preferred options at the time of making a reservation. Please be advised that we are unable to accommodate extremely unusual, complicated, and expensive diets or severe allergies.
* Breakfast selections must be submitted via text, email, or a paper menu when requested by the innkeepers.
* Cancellation policies are effective once a reservation is booked and apply regardless of cancellation reasons.
* Reservations are non-refundable once booked. Reservations may be rescheduled for a later date (a 10% rescheduling fee applies.)
* Shortening a reservation represents a cancellation.
* All reservation change requests must be submitted via email to email@example.com as a reply to your direct reservation confirmation.
* No-shows are treated as non-refundable cancellations and cannot be rescheduled.
* Only guests listed on the reservation are allowed on the property.
* A valid government-issued ID must be provided to the Inn via email or text message 48 hours prior to check-in.
* Self Check-in: Guests may self check in any time after 3:00 pm.
* In-person Check-in: 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm, by appointment only. One room at a time, for privacy reasons.
* Our standard check-out time is 11:00 am EST. There may be a certain level of flexibility based on advance request/communication. Unauthorized late check-outs will incur a minimum full daily rate.
* Early check-outs are treated as last-minute non-refundable cancellations not eligible for rescheduling.
* Guests agree to receive property emails and text messages related to their stay.
* Email and text messaging are the preferred communication method.
Housekeeping / Room Service:
* Room service, housekeeping, turn-down service, bed/towel refreshment, etc. are not offered.
* Innkeepers will not be entering guest rooms during their stay. There are extra fresh towels & toiletries in all guests' rooms.
* Guests will be responsible for disposing of trash, recyclables, and used linens on a daily basis. Please refer to the property map for the dumpster/recycling/linen bin locations.
Luggage storage and/or assistance with guests' luggage is not offered.
All guests staying at the property must be at least 18 years old.
The Inn is not responsible for any noise/disturbance caused by other guests or by any external sources.
Outdoor Gear / Restricted Items:
* No outdoor/sports/adventure gear may be stored indoors (common areas, guest rooms, or Inn's private quarters) or attached to the Inn's buildings/property in any way. Such gear and items include but are not limited to: bikes, kayaks, skis, snowboards, strollers, beverage coolers, dirty footwear and outerwear. Such gear and items must be kept in guests' vehicles.
* There is limited 5-bicycle parking on our premises - if you choose to leave your bike outside, you will do so at your own risk. Bikes or any other adventure gear may not be secured to the Inn's buildings or stored elsewhere on the property and must otherwise be secured to guests' vehicles.
* One complimentary unassigned standard car-sized parking spot per room/suite.
* Oversized vehicles and any additional vehicles may have to be parked in the Town's safe and secure public parking lot across the street next to the Shelburne Police Station and the Town Offices.
* Any items borrowed by guests from the Inn (books, dinnerware, etc.) must be returned by guests prior to check-out.
* Any damage to the Inn's property caused by a guest will be repaired at such guest's expense.
* The Inn is not responsible for the loss of or damage to guests' personal items. Guests are responsible for keeping their vehicle(s) and room(s) securely locked at all times.
* The Inn does not maintain Lost & Found. Any low-value personal items discovered after a guest's departure will be discarded. High-value personal items can be picked up from the Inn at no charge on the day of the departure. Should the item need to be mailed to the guest, a minimum $50 amp fee will be charged to the guest's credit card in addition to any actual postage-related expenses.
Pets, Emotional Support / Companion / Comfort Animals, and Service Animals:
* Absolutely no pets or emotional support/companion/comfort animals of any kind or size are allowed on the Inn's grounds and premises. Guests may not bring/leave animals in a vehicle parked in the Inn's lot.
* Guests traveling with an ADA-compliant service dog individually trained to do work or perform tasks directly related to such guests' disabilities are required to notify the Inn during the booking process. Pets, emotional support, therapy, comfort, or companion animals do not qualify as service animals. Service animals may not be left alone in guestrooms. A service dog handler is expected to control the service animal at all times and observe all handler responsibilities. Handlers who are unable to control their service animals will be directed to leave the Inn immediately.
Property Access / Restricted Areas & Amenities:
* The Inn is a private accommodation only open to guests with valid reservations during the dates of their stay. No other individuals may access the property.
* Certain areas of the Inn are not accessible to guests. Guests do not have access to / may not use the Inn's kitchen, laundry facilities, ironing accessories, basement, storage areas, private quarters. Only the guests staying in the Carriage House may access the Carriage House.
* The Inn's historic buildings do not have elevators and are not wheelchair accessible.
Safety & Security:
* The Inn is equipped with digital locks and a video security system in public areas.
* Guests will be provided a unique access code and may not share it with anyone other than their travel companion(s) listed on the reservation.
* Guests are responsible for keeping their room and property entrances securely locked at all times (including at check-out).
A one-time $250 per room security/cleaning deposit is collected at the time of booking. The deposit will be refunded on the check-out date provided no policy violations occurred.
* For historic preservation and general cleanliness reasons (including anti-COVID-19 measures), the Inn is a "no-shoes" property (no exceptions).
* Guests are required to remove their street/outdoor shoes upon entering Inn's buildings. Outdoor shoes are not allowed past the foyer / in guest rooms and/or common areas and must be stored in shoe racks in the buildings' foyers. Guests will be provided with a set of slippers for their comfort and for protection of the Inn's floors.
* All guestrooms and indoor areas of the property are non-smoking / non-vaping.
* Smoking outside is permitted; guests are responsible for proper outdoor disposal of used smoking products and accessories in the dumpster behind the property.
* No candles, incense, or any other substances may be burned in any indoor areas of the Inn.
The Inn reserves the right to rescind/withdraw any special offers extended by the Inn to a guest should any guests listed on the reservation violate the Inn's Policies and House Rules.
Property tours are not offered. The Inn's website provides information about the Inn and each room's page contains a very detailed description and photos.
* The Inn is a carry-in/carry-out property. Guests are responsible for depositing trash, recyclables, and compostables in specially designated areas.
* Should excessive trash be left in the room at check-out, the Innkeepers reserve the right to determine the final cleaning fee amount.
Violations of Policies and Rules:
Should a guest violate any of Heart of the Village Inn rules and policies accepted as a condition of making a reservation, a minimum charge in the amount of a $250.00 security deposit will apply; such guest's reservation may be canceled immediately without a refund, and such guest may be immediately removed from the property.
Waiver of Liability & Hold Harmless Agreement:
In consideration for making a reservation for a stay at HEART OF THE VILLAGE INN (hereinafter the “Provider or Provider”), I/we, on behalf of myself and any persons included in this reservation for whom I/we have the capacity to contract, hereby acknowledge and agree to the following:
1. I/we understand the hazards of the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) and am/are familiar with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (“CDC”) guidelines regarding COVID-19. I/we acknowledge and understand that that the circumstances regarding COVID-19 are changing from day to day and that, accordingly, the CDC guidelines are regularly modified and updated and I/we accept full responsibility for familiarizing myself/ourselves with the most recent updates. I/we understand and agree that I/we may not enter the premises if I/we have symptoms of respiratory illness. If I/we have signs of such sickness prior to arrival, I/we will reschedule our stay. I/we understand and agree that only registered guests listed on the reservation are allowed anywhere on the property and that personal visitors/companions are not authorized to enter the property at any time. I/we understand and agree that the risk of COVID-19 exposure will still exist. If symptoms begin during my/our stay, I/we agree to leave and return home if possible. If my/our departure is not possible, I/we understand that I/we must self-isolate for the remainder of my/our stay and the Vermont Department of Health may be contacted immediately. If I/we are exposed to COVID-19 or contract it during my/our stay and have to self-quarantine at the Inn, I/we accept all applicable additional charges based on the original nightly rates.
2. Notwithstanding the risks associated with COVID-19, which I/we readily acknowledge, I/we hereby willingly choose to stay with the Provider.
3. I/we acknowledge and fully assume the risk of illness or death related to COVID-19 arising from my/our being on the Provider’s premises and hereby RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE (on behalf of myself/ourselves and any persons for whom I/we have the capacity contract) Heart of the Village Inn, their owners, officers, directors, agents, employees, associated corporations and LLC and assigns (the “RELEASEES”) from any liability related to COVID-19 which might occur as a result of my/our being on the Provider’s premises.
4. I/we and all persons included in this reservation shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless the RELEASEES from and against any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, losses, or expenses of any nature whatsoever (including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, costs and disbursements, whether of in-house or outside counsel and whether or not an action is brought, on appeal or otherwise), arising from or out of, or relating to, directly or indirectly, the infection of COVID-19 or any other illness or injury.
5. It is my/our express intent that this Waiver and Hold Harmless Agreement shall bind any assigns and representatives, and shall be deemed as a RELEASE, WAIVER, DISCHARGE, AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE the above-named RELEASEES. This Agreement and the provisions contained herein shall be construed, interpreted, and controlled according to the laws of the State of Vermont.
6. I/WE HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND VOLUNTARILY WAIVE ANY RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL OF ANY DISPUTE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT. IN SIGNING THIS AGREEMENT AND BY MAKING A RESERVATION FOR A STAY WITH THE PROVIDER, I/WE ACKNOWLEDGE AND REPRESENT THAT I/WE have read the foregoing Wavier of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement, understand it and sign it voluntarily as my own free act and deed; no oral representations, statements, or inducements, apart from the foregoing written agreement, have been made; I/we am/are at least eighteen (18) years of age and fully competent; and I/we execute this Agreement for full, adequate and complete consideration fully intending to be bound by same.
Note: Failure to accept/follow all of the above rules, policies, agreements, and waivers will result in cancellation of this reservation.